Asbestos is a building material that was widely used for construction up until the 1970s. Once the deadly dangers of asbestos became widely known, many property owners chose to remove this highly hazardous substance from their properties. Unfortunately, this toxic substance still remains in many homes and buildings and should be removed as soon as possible.
Ongoing exposure to asbestos has been linked to a number of potentially fatal health conditions, including asbestosis, mesothelioma, and lung cancer. Asbestos is not as dangerous when untouched, but when the fibers are released into the air, they can be inhaled, damage the lungs, and more.